Impurities and dust in the air is a very common thing. You cannot get rid of but you may try to stay safe from these. So, what makes you keep safe at least is your room air purifier. An air purifier can keep you safe from asthma, allergies, dust, odors from your pet or cooking smoke and the smoke from the cigarette. Moreover, while changing the weather, it is very easy to get caught by cold, allergies and asthma. So, before taking medicine things we can do as precautions are to buy an air purifier which is suitable for our room and home.
But if your budget is tight then you might not go for some high-end or features full air purifiers. People who are searching for an air purifier for the first time and do not have much budget to buy an air purifier, for those today we are presenting some of the best air purifier under 100 you can try. We guarantee that if you follow the list below, every of your penny will be worth.
Are The Cheap Air Purifiers Worth?
Nothing is cheap. Yes, believe it or not, anything you buy reaches to you after it has satisfied the manufacturer and the supplier. Buying something with less money is possible because you’re compromising some part of the product.
But that’s not a bad thing. A product gets manufactured considering a wide range of customer to satisfy before it reaches the market. In those features, there might be something that’s not important to you. So, with further research and customer feedback, manufacturers make more specific performing products which ultimately cost less.
So, summarizing what we’ve just said, it’s simply that you’re not compromising quality much by buying cheap products. You’re just missing some features. As long as the product successfully performing the required task effectively, we think it’s worth buying.
Let’s look at things that you’ll get buying the best air purifier under 100 or you can say cheap air purifiers. This guide will save your time as you’ll get conscious about your requirements and know where to look.
- At first, consider what kind of pollution you’re suffering from.
- If its dust, pollen, or harmful particles, HEPA filter is the feature to go with.
- If its virus, bacteria, or something airborne, you should go with UV-C technology.
- If its odor or smoke-related issue, charcoal or active carbon feature is what you should consider.
- Secondly, you should consider the area you want to cover. Usually, the air purifier that costs less than $100 covers a smaller So, if you’re planning for a mid-size or small room, you can go for cheaper ones.
- Thirdly, there are air purifier models that are specially designed for asthma or allergy suffering people or babies. You can choose accordingly.
- Finally, take a look at the maintenance frequency, portability, speed modes, and noise level.
|Name||GermGuardian AC4825||Hamilton Beach 04383A||Holmes Small Room||Pure Enrichment PureZone|
|HEPA Filter||Yes||HEPA Type||HEPA Type||Yes|
|Ionizer||No||No||Yes – optional||No|
|Areas Covered||167 Sq. Feet||160 Sq. Feet||109 Sq. Feet||200 Sq. Feet|
Our Top 8 Best Air Purifier Under 100 Review
Germ Guardian AC4825
- 3 major technologies included (HEPA, UV-C, and Charcoal)
- No noise or ozone creation
- HEPA filter stops anything as small as 0.3 microns with 99.97% success rate
- UV-C radiation kills bacteria, germs, viruses, and mold spores
- Charcoal or active carbon removes any kind of odor
- A room smaller than 167 sq. feet can be covered
- AHAM verified which means independently tested
- Certified by Energy Star and verified by California Air Resources Board
No wonder why this air purifier from GermGuardian is an Amazon’s Choice product. It’s very hard to come by an air purifier that has an all-rounder performance.
But amazingly, buying this product doesn’t make your pocket look like it took a serious blow.
You probably know what HEPA, Charcoal, and UV-C technology can do. Those 3 make a killer combination which makes your medium-sized room’s air safer than ever. To be exact, your room size shouldn’t exceed 167 sq. feet to get the best results.
If you’re wondering all those talks are pro-marketing and to convince you, you are wrong. It’s because GermGuardian AC4825 is AHAM-Verified. This means the purifier is independently tested and certified on its performance. The CARB rating is 100+ which is more than it needs. So, no worries on quality.
The only downside is that it can’t cover larger rooms. If you have large rooms, you can consider buying more than one piece or you can check our other air purifier reviews which can meet your requirement.
Some great advantages of GermGuardian AC4825 are that it creates no noise or ozone pollution, it’s very easy to operate and carry, you’ll get a notification when it’ll be time for filter replacement and many more.
Lets Watch A Video
Hamilton Beach 04383A
- Not exactly HEPA but works up to 99% as a true HEPA filter
- Very quietly captures particles as small as 0.3 microns
- No need to replace the filter
- A room smaller than 160 sq. feet can be covered
- Great portability and easy maintenance
- Easy to operate with 3 different speed functionalities
- Saves a lot of money yearly unlike other purifiers
There are many great things to say about Hamilton Beach 04383A. Once you buy this one, you’ll not have to worry about a thing, unlike other air purifiers.
This one needs very little maintenance and the regular filter replacement cost is zero. The compact size makes it perfect to fit anywhere. You can operate it vertically or horizontally. If your room is less than 160 sq. feet, you can seriously consider buying one today.
As our list is based on the best air purifier under 100, the price of this purifier is unbelievably low as expected. Regarding money, the cost is low. But if you consider quality or performance, the purifier lives up to its mark.
With 3 speed functionalities, the purifier cleans your room’s air very quietly and effectively. If you got an allergy problem, you’ll get results as soon as you install it in your room.
But things are not so bright and shiny all the way. The purifier doesn’t have a true HEPA filter. It has what the manufacturer calls a 99% HEPA-grade filter. So, you’ll not get the exact HEPA filter.
This filter will serve your purpose just right. But if you’re looking for something more capable, you can have a serious interest in Germ Guardian products.
Lets Watch A Video
Holmes Small Room
- HEPA-type filter with 99% success rate
- Optional ionizer for more effective filtering
- Easy operation with 3-speed mode
- A room smaller than 109 sq. feet can be covered easily
- Small and compact design to be fit on a desk
Like the purifier from Hamilton, Homes Small Room air purifier also got HEPA-type air filtering system. It got 99% success rate in case of removing harmful particles in the air. So, it’s close enough to the real deal.
The practical design of this purifier is what makes unique than others. You can put it on your desktop and it’ll quietly give you the fresh air while you’re working on a cool project.
The dual positioning design makes it perfect for any place and situation. It’s got the 3-speed option and operating the purifier doesn’t need much hassle.
Another good thing is that it features an optional ionizer (you can call it partially bad too). Well, ionizers are good to capture smoke or harmful particles more effectively. But it creates ozone as a byproduct. Too much ozone at ground level is bad for health. That’s why the manufacturer made the feature optional. If you’re too concerned about ozone creation, the only thing you need to do is don’t turn on the ionizer.
Other than the fact we just mentioned, everything else about this purifier is good enough. Especially the price is way lower than others. It’s so low that you might want to have a look by clicking the link below. It might be the best product to put on your office desk.
Let’s Watch A Video
Pure Enrichment Pure Zone
- 3 filtering system in one
- Auto shutoff timer
- 3-speed fan mode
- Indicator for filter replacement
- Very quiet while operating and makes no ozone
The first thing we want to say about Pure Zone is its design. It looks so slick, simple, and compact that it reminds me of Apple products. This purifier costs a bit much than others in this list of best air purifier under 100.
But its worth as it can cover up to 200 sq. feet and has a true HEPA filter with UV-C and activated carbon technology. It also got 3-speed mode with an auto-off timer. The purifier makes no noise making it perfect for your bedside.
The pre-filter activated carbon filter, and true HEPA filter trio makes sure nothing harmful gets past it. So, you get a peaceful environment and a good night sleep. With almost no cons, this one is the perfect purifier for your home.
Let’s Watch A Video
OION Technologies B-1000
- It has the amazing electrostatic ionizer purification.
- It also has the carbon filter as a pre-filter.
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation for cleaning virus, bacteria etc.
- Excellent design and built quality.
- The energy consumption of this purifier is very low.
The most important feature of this purifier, which we want to talk about first is electrostatic ionizer purification. This purification system works by creating an electric charge, which attracts the particles in the air. It also has a dust collector. This is very effective for cleaning airborne particles and claims that it can remove particles as small as .01 micron.
If you are dealing with odor, this purifier also has a carbon filter, which is effective for refining odor from the air. Although you do not have to replace this carbon filter because it is a permanent filter in this purifier.
Another great feature in it is, Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation, which can capture virus, bacteria even microorganisms and once it captures then it makes sure that those stay there.
In this price range, this one will be one of the most effective air purifiers in the market. Your money will be worth in every point.
Let’s Watch A Video
- True HEPA filter as a core filter.
- Completely ozone-free.
- The fan speed, you can set in three different settings.
- Activated carbon filter to clear the odor completely.
- There are two different night light settings in it.
This purifier has the true HEPA filter as a pre-filter and we all know the best kinds of purifier have this filter in it. It can clear the air up to 99.97%. It captures the smallest particles from the air like pollen, dander etc.
It does not produce ozone. It is a very harmful property for your health and thankfully this purifier does not create ozone. So, it does not have any harmful side effect.
Some of you might be very annoyed by the loud noise. However, this purifier has the lowest noise you can find. In low settings, the noise barely can be heard.
This air purifier also deals greatly with the odor. It clears up all the impurities and also any kind of odor from the air and makes the air fresher than it ever was. It will make you feel like you are in a park and breathing fresh air.
Lets Watch a Video
- Best for small to medium-sized room
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- The Permanent Filter in it is capable of filtering up to 99% of ultra-fine air particles
- Cost efficient for permanent filter and overall budget friendly.
- 5 years of limited warranty
Quiet and compact, that’s the main selling point of this air purifier. People who do not require large size air purifier for their room and loves to be quiet, the Honeywell HFD -010 will be the best air purifier under 100 for them.
However, this air purifier is ultra-efficient also as it comes with Permanent Filter which is really good at filtering variety of harmful indoor particles like smoke, dust, pollen, cat dander and tobacco smoke.
But keep in your mind that it is best suited only for small to medium-sized rooms. It will not perform as other high-end air purifiers do. It also has weakness in filtering gas, odor-based impurities, and micron-size allergens. It just has some basic unit with no add-on features but best for your budget and a small sized room.
So, why you should keep this item on your next air purifier buying list? Because it is compact, great value for money has proven Ionizer ifD® filter which can filter up to 99% of ultra-fine particles from the room air and very much capable of improving the air quality, lingering smoke odors and dust.
Lets Watch a Video
- It’s HEPA Filter can filter 99.97% of dust from the room air
- 3-speed fan controller
- CADR 101+ rated
- UV-C light technology which is very good at killing mold, bacteria, and germs from the room air
- Charcoal filter can reduce odors from smoke, cook, and pet.
Ideal for living room or bathroom. This compact and very budget friendly air purifier is in our best air purifier under 100 list because of its quality heap air filter, charcoal filter, and the UV-C light technology.
Well, GermGuardian put their all efforts to make this AC4900CA model high-end quality with low budget costing. And we appreciate their effort as they have succeeded quite well.
The HEPA filter in it can filter up to 99.97% of dust and other micron particles from your room air. This air purifier can provide it performance continuously 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So it is a beast performer in low budget air purifier category.
It is a very powerful air cleaner form small living room and the bathrooms. The technology in it is praiseworthy regarding its price. So, it is one of the best air purifier under 100 you can buy in this year.
Lets Watch a Video
Actually, the air purifier under 100 cannot give you modern features or the high-end quality you can expect in 2019. But It can make your room air clean from odors, dust and most of the air impurities. At least you can keep yourself safe on the first hand. So, why wait? If this will be your first air purifier buying, go for the cheap one. Just follow the list above and make your money worth.